Friday, March 25, 2011

What I've been up to.

I recently had a baby. She is just over two months old. We are coming out of a fog of sleepless nights, endless laundry and being sick. Daisy now has a sister Violet (AKA "Wowie"). I am now a mother of sisters :D

Daisy likes "her baby." I can tell she is more emotional, and that things hard for her to understand. But she is more helpful. She is more aware of others' feelings (the concern on her face when Violet cries is very sweet). She has already grown because of her sister.

Violet is different. She is not just a copy of her sister. She looked very much like Daisy in newborn pictures, but at two months she is already looking very different. She has smiled from day one and laughs in her sleep. She loves to be snuggled and swaddled. I am so excited to get to know her as she grows.

So here's to sisters. To being able to communicate with a single look. To watching little ones grow together. To my sisters, whether by blood, marriage, or friendship. I love you and may the Lord keep you!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love it! Wowie. That just might stick, you know. :) Love you, Jess.

    ReplyDelete