Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here in the quiet I sit. It's New Years Eve. We spent the evening with friends celebrating the year gone by. Now Daisy is asleep in bed. I can faintly hear the fire works from the city. The AC kicks on every now and then with a deep rumble on the edge of hearing. The click clack of my keyboard is keeping me company tonight as I think through the last year.

We had many exciting things happen this year. We are blessed with a new member of our family who has yet to make an appearance. We hope to see and hold our little one in the next few weeks. I was able to celebrate in AK with Scott and Erin as they were married. Daisy turned one at the beginning of the year and has grown leaps and bounds and is nearly two. Daisy and I spent most of the summer in WA with family.

We had sad things too. Nate was deployed for four months this year. While a good time for growing it was not fun to be apart. We have had friends and family who faced sickness. I was sick while pregnant with uncertainty of how it would affect the baby.

But here in the quiet I am reminded that my life is in Gods hands. He directs my steps. And I choose in my heart to say that what God has for me is best. This year has been His plan for my life. I pray that next year I am more diligent to seek and know His will and then trust in His plan.

With our little one on the way anytime now and the uncertainly of a move in May that could take us anywhere I remind my heart to be still. To listen in the quiet for God's plan. To be a person like Job, who after losing most of his wealth and all of his children responded in this way:

Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said:

“ Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD.”
In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

Job 1:20-22

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. That was really encouraging to my heart, Jessie. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete